In today’s post, we’re going to bring you three top tips from our registered roofing contractors Dublin that will help you maintain your roof and ensure that it lasts longer. These tips can be carried out by homeowners themselves and if any problems are spotted you are sure to catch them in the early stages before any real damage is done. Roof maintenance should be on every homeowner’s checklist because roof repairs can be very expensive if problems aren’t caught early.
Top Tips From Our Roofing Contractor Dublin
- Inspect Your Roof: You would carry out a visual inspection of your roof at least twice a year. Ideally, this should be done in Spring/Summer and Autumn. This is a ground inspection and there are certain things that you should be on the lookout for. These include:
- Slipped or loose tiles. You’ll spot these as they won’t be lying down properly.
- Damaged flashing or edging along the roof. Flashing that is loose, missing, or starting to buckle should also be taken note of. When looking at your flashing take note of the caulking too. If low-grade caulking was used on your roof the flashing may not hold its seal. If this is the case you’ll need to call a roofing contractor to give it a refresh.
- If any of the underlay is visible from any side of the roof take note of this too.
- Check for sagging, loose, or broken gutters.
- Look for moss growth or any damp spots.
- Clean Your Gutters: If you aren’t in the position to clear your gutters yourself our roofing experts recommend that you hire someone to do this. It is important to have your gutters cleaned at least twice a year and especially before winter. If you don’t, water can back up in your gutters and rot your fascia and backboards and this can lead to expensive repairs.
- Trim Back Trees: Storms and windy weather can break branches and send them crashing into your roof. Be sure to trim overhanging branches and remove any debris from your roof. While you’re doing this it can be a good idea to check for any moss or algae on your roof and have this removed.
- Check Your Attic Insulation: Proper insulation and ventilation is necessary for your attic and to keep your roof in tip-top condition especially in winter. It prevents ice from forming and also reduces moisture. If you’re unsure what to look for in your attic, get in touch with us and we can organise an inspection. Our expert roofers can spot early problems before they turn serious.
Performing these four items at least twice a year will help maintain your roof but if you do need any roof repairs or require a free quotation from our a qualified roofing contractor Dublin, be sure to give Roofing Experts a call. You can view our extensive list of roofing repair services on your website and if you have any questions or queries we are always on hand to help.