Our roofing services in Dublin cover a range of items including problems with flat roofs, attic insulation, installation of Velux roof windows, fixing lead and copper valleys, and more. In this post, we are going to look at the top 5 roofing problems that require our roofing services.
Did you know, that a lot of roof replacements can be avoided with proper roof maintenance and by regular checks can help ensure your roof is properly maintained. Below is the list of 5 common roofing problems we see in Dublin and around the country.
- Poor Roof Insulation: Poor insulation can lead to a lot of problems. If your roof isn’t insulated properly it won’t last as long as it is supposed to. If you have any concerns about the quality of the insulation in your roof, our roof checks can help. Attic insulation is another important area and proper attic insulation can save you hundreds on your home heating bills every year. This is another of the roofing services we offer.
- Membrane Problems: Shrinking or blistering of your roof membrane can cause problems. If you see any cracks or splits on your tiled roof, it could be a sign that your roof membrane underneath has started shrinking. If left untreated it can lead to serious issues especially with our Irish weather where wind and rain are guaranteed. Tackling the problem right away can help prevent leaks and further issues.
- Rodents and Other Animals: Your roof should be designed and constructed to keep water out and the heat from your home in. This can often produce the perfect environment for birds, insects and small animals. You might not think this is an issue, but you’d be surprised at the amount of damage birds can do when they build their nest in your roof. Rodents such as mice in your attic or roof space can also cause damage and it is always best to have animals removed as soon as you notice them.
- Poor Flashing: Poorly installed flashing can lead to a lot of roofing repairs. The area around your chimney, as well as areas around vents and pipes on your roof, are sealed with flashing. This helps to keep them watertight. It also helps to keep the heat inside your home. If you flashing is old or has been poorly installed, your roof tiles can come loose and this can leave your roof vulnerable. Poor flashing can also lead to leaks and water damage is never good.
- Lack of roof maintenance: The lack of roof maintenance is one of the biggest problems we see. It is also the most damaging and what leads to costly roof repairs. Without proper maintenance, even the smallest of roof problems can turn into serious repair issues. Our roofing services include regular roof checks by our experts to spot any problems, but there are some things you can do yourself too. Keeping your gutters clean and clear as well as ensuring there are no tree branches overhanging onto your roof are just two maintenance items that every homeowner should be carrying out.
Our roofing services are here to help you and remember a regular roof inspection can save you hundreds in roof repairs further down the line. At Roofing Experts, we offer all the services you might need in Dublin and our Dublin roofers are always at hand to answer any questions you might have. Feel free to call the office today or fill in our contact form and we’ll get back to you.